This Sunday is Father's Day; a day to celebrate or remember all of the wonderful men in our lives. As we at Mission Read continue our tour of food books, here's a list that covers all of the bases from beginner cook to grilling maestro (and they make great gifts for your dudes this weekend)!
1. Ad Hoc at Home - Thomas Keller (2009)
2. The Art of Living according to Joe Beef - Frederic Morin, David McMillan (2011)
3. Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking and Curing - Michael Ruhlman & Brian Polcyn (2005)
4. Michael Chiarello's Live Fire: 125 Recipes for Cooking Outdoors - Michael Chiarello (2013)
5. The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook - America's Test Kitchen (2012)
6. Frontera: Margaritas, Guacamoles, and Snacks - Rick Bayless (2012)
7. Momofuku Milk Bar - Christina Tosi (2011)
8. The PDT Cocktail Book - Jim Meehan (2011)
9. Ruhlman's Twenty - Michael Ruhlman (2011)
10. Smoke and Spice: Cooking with Smoke, The Real Way to Barbecue - Cheryl & Bill Jamison (2003)
Share your favorite cookbook, Father's Day recipe or cocktail with us and we will post it on our Facebook page and Pinterest boards! Happy Father's Day!
ABOUT BETH: Beth Panageotou is the CEO and co-founder of Page’s Corner, Inc.
Beth has a BA from Mount Saint Mary’s University and has a background in public policy and education. After working in Washington, DC, she taught high school social studies and developed her passion to incorporate multiple learning philosophies, learning styles and student-centered activities within the confines of both the traditional and extracurricular classroom setting. This carried over to her personal life as Beth left teaching to care for her two wonderful daughters (ages 4 & 7). Beth strongly believes in the need to stress literacy and creativity in the early stages of child development, as is reflected in the mission of Page’s Corner and the creation of the Mission Read campaign.